Monday, April 18, 2011

All my life, I've been looking for class...but this, is real class!

So with summer on it's way I have been digging through all my old head scarfs pondering over the best ways to wear one...
 
"This is the best thing to wear for today, you understand. Because I don't like women in skirts and the best thing is to wear pantyhose or some pants under a short skirt, I think. Then you have the pants under the skirt and then you can pull the stockings up over the pants underneath the skirt. And you can always take off the skirt and use it as a cape. So I think this is the best costume for today"
-Edith Bouvier Beale


 Classic 1940's style


Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis, always looking lovely.  She owns the best sunglasses in the world.

 
 Little Miss Twiggy rockin the thin brows like no one else can...she looks like a 1930's doll with that cute lace top.



 This was a look by Chanel a definite tribute to Miss Edith Bouvier Beale.



 Pretty face with a nice sweater head scarf, yet another nod to Miss Edith Bouvier Beale



 I don't know what this is from...but I like it!  Very pretty makes me want to go to my old camp and lay out in the sun all day long.



 A modern twist on a Hollywood 1940's look.   The curly Q on the side and the bright red lipstick really pull it all together.



 This is the first thing I imagine when thinking of a summer head scarf.  All the outfits in this movie were like a dream.  Rachel McAdams playing Allie Hamilton in The Notebook.



 Very similar to the scarf and style worn in The Notebook.



Look at that sassy shimmer and shine!



Audrey Hepburn elegant and stunning!



The best for last...the one who inspired John Galliano, Chanel and so many more, I am absolutely captivated by her...Miss Edith Bouvier Beale.



No comments:

Post a Comment