Saturday, April 23, 2011

If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance...

 Spring is in bloom but it just won't warm up.  This has been one of the longest winters I can remember in New York...Lately I have been trying to preoccupy myself with visions of summer to bring some light to all the gloom.


"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."




 I made little bird's nests in my antique Victorian tea cups complete with little ceramic swallows.  I would like to add something in the middle cup's nest.  Maybe some mini eggs?  Or a cute bow?



 
In the past I have gone for more BOLD bright colors in the spring and summer...pastels...psychedelic hues with a 60's vibe but I have been falling head over heels for the 1940's.  I love the muted "dusty" tones on Sienna Miller  here in The Edge of Love.



 Adorable cardigans everywhere!  A romantic lace dress like this would be perfect for a warm summer's day.  Throw on your pretty pink cardigan and lay in a field watching the sun set. Ahhh...



Found this dress on eBay...way out of my price range but without a doubt one of the most breathtaking vintage pieces I have ever come across.  The dress is almost a Hershey-copper brown, very unique. 



This is by far my favorite summer dress of all time.  Worn by Allie (Rachel McAdams) in The Notebook.



Actual vintage dress from the 1940's and just my luck, I found it on etsy yesterday!  I looks almost identical except for the trim and neckline are a bit different.  It even buttons all the way down the front.  I want to roll the sleeves up and put a darling floral fabric around the cuffs to match the collar like the blue dress seen above.  I will cherish this dress it is too good to be true.



Could you imagine waking up to this every morning right outside your window?  Out in the middle of the woods.



The 1940's brought us some great blouses in woman's fashion.  Kiera Knightley wears this sheer floral blouse/robe in Atonement.



Even under garments were prettier back then.  Silky, smooth girdle you would have a matching corset or bra under your pencil skirt.  Complete with garter belt to clip up your stockings.  Too sexy.  These look crazy but they truly do wonders for your curves.  There is nothing you can buy today that would work better than a girdle under formal wear trust me I have tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment