Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I hope you always have a shell in your pocket...and sand in your shoes...


 WELCOME!  Freshly painted red stairs.  They were a dark hunter green before.


 Close up...I love this bright colonial red.  I put a couple little pots going up the steps, now all I need are some flowers!


 The town crier ushers in his guests.


Pugsley enjoys our new bench.  I got this last weekend at a garage sale for $4!!!  It is absolutely perfect.  I was picturing a church pew originally but this is even better.


 New sheer white curtains from IKEA hung along a homemade bamboo curtain rod.  They completely change the look of this room from dark and yellow to light and crisp.  Besides they look so romantic at night when you have the windows open with that cool summer breeze blowing.



 These were the old curtains before.  Oh my.


 New blue polka dot storage bins inside the shoe cubby.  They were only $1 a piece!


 On top of the cubby I put an elegant little mirror on a plate holder that say's "dream."  I placed candles through out the room and little sea shells so it feels like you are walking into a shabby chic little beach house.


 Here is a wide view of the room just so you get the idea of where I put everything.  Excuse the power tools and paint please, this is a work in progress haha. 



 Old metal wire crate re purposed for a shoe crate to hold Danny's converse!


 My seashell owl sits proud upon some beautiful old books I just picked up at a local thrift store.  Next to my homemade wine cork lamp.  All the corks were saved by me and my fellow bar tenders when I worked at Ruby Tuesday after we would sell off a bottle of wine.


 I found this lovely statue of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy at a thrift store for $1.99  she has a broken thumb but it is not visible nor did it matter to me, I was going to purchase her.  Out of curiosity I searched for the vase on ebay and to my surprise in good condition she is going for $500-$700!!!  I am sure without her thumb she is worth much less however value does not matter.  I am very excited to ad her to my collection.


 The Grey Gardens corner.  Danny even hung up Edie's little American flag.  I am not sure if I like the mirrors there on the wall.  1970's plastic owl clock.


Nothing is better than a picture collage...I finally gathered all my artworks and bought some frames!  Danny is the master of hanging artwork so I let him handle the placement.  I love how it turned out.


Pugs not Drugs!  An ode to my little Pug.  A watercolor painting with some illustrations out of old books.  The shelf is from a 50's diner I found on the side of the road I cleaned it up and painted the underneath black.


 A select few of my old book collection.   Golden antique telephone and a gramophone music box for book ends.


 The artworks on the left are actually lithographs from engravings done by J.Rogers who was a well known illustrator.  The bottom left picture is of Union Square New York City in 1860.  A metal cast of a violin and the teenie-tiny picture is of a little fairy playing the cello.


 Danny and I go to these movie conventions and they always have bugs and butterflies for sale.  Sometimes even bats or birds.  But he bought me the big blue and black butterfly and I found the round glass framed moths at a thrift store.


 Cutie Hooties...1970's Syroco-esque owls with a big red lone star.


 More candles on my round Victorian side table surrounded by some river rocks.


 This is the color I am planning on painting this room to really give it that east coast beach house look. 
stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment