Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ready Freddy?...

First time I have gone treasure hunting in a while but boy oh boy was it a success.  We got a late start at 7:45, the rescue mission closed at 8:00 & the salvation army closed at 9:00.  So we had to be quick like bunnies...or deer...

"Deer Man" by Coco de Paris has finally arrived & he needed a proper frame.  I want something more Parisian and ornate to frame this eventually. But for now this will do just fine.  He looks so admirable does he not?  Ahhhh mon cheri!!!


This was the find of the night...a 1950's ice cream maker by Sears, Roebuck & Company.  It looks as if it was never used.  The tarnish on the steel barrel is not rust either it just needs a good shine!  Look at that Tiffany blue steel motor.  Best part is...IT WORKS!  The motor is shockingly quiet.  It makes less noise than a modern mixer.  I could make a serious cake with this thing.  Total impulse buy but for $8 I had to take it home. 

The blue outer-bucket part is made of that fabulous 1950's Eames era fiberglass too.  So classy.


Right beside the ice cream maker was this brand new in box 1960's heating pad.  $3.99 I can not refuse.


Cutest fabric ever!

Close up of the dial...loving the font and little numbers.


Look at the new artwork I found of this cute hound!  Fits perfectly above "Wipe Your Paws."  This is actually hand painted oil on canvas.  The signature says 'L.Cruse '80' so wherever you are your painting is awesome and it completes my home.  Thank you!


I found this little mini green suitcase on the RIGHT to match my other two.  I love traveling with these they are perfect for a nice weekend getaway or road trip.  They also make a great cooler if you're lacking resources.  Tee hee...I found two $1 hardcover books at the Salvation Army on Erie Boulevard.  One is "My Life with Dr. King Jr." first edition 1969 copy by Coretta Scott King.  Also a copy of "The Complete basic book of Home Decorating" 5th edition 1976 so you can only imagine how glorious those photographs must be.  I won't spoil the surprise though.  I plan on doing an entire post dedicated to the photos in the book.  They are amazing and you will wish you owned a time machine.

The vase/pitcher on the right completes my Marie Antoinette display with dolls heads and hands in a jar & a lovely Coco Mademoiselle bottle in tow.  On the pitcher there are 2 pictures one on the front with Marie in a pink ruffled gown with Louis.  On the back a picture of them frolicking in the queens peasant retreat at Versailles.


Here is the old photo album I get all my flapper girl photographs from.  It is stuffed with old photographs from the late 1920's-early 1940's.  There are pictures of ladies on the beach, gentlemen in fine suits, flapper girls in the park...such an inspiration.  I rescued this from a junk pile at the flea market.  I don't even think the guy charged me because it was all going to the dump.  Tragic...


Christmas is over and so is winter...thank god!  But I love how this string of icicle light looks across the windows in the dressing room/record room.  With spring in bloom and summer on it's merry way I am thinking more lightning bugs than snow.  


I have been keeping my eye out for one of these juice jars for a while now.  Can't wait to make some lemonade and throw this in the fridge much prettier than a plastic carton!


A shiny new champagne bucket to add to my "bar."  


Some trinkets in the hutch...owl pitcher I bought from a lady selling her 30 year owl collection on craigslist.  Drove out to the real life "Farmville" and got this and about 50 more owls for $10...I need to find all of them proper nests in my home.  On the lower shelf is a matching 1970's milk glass sugar bowl and cream jar with stainless steel tops.  A milk glass vase sits in back flowerless for now.


People throw away such incredible things.  I found the top artwork at the Salvation Army on Erie Boulevard for $2.99.  It is a print on a burlap sack of the street that Van Gogh painted in the artwork on the bottom right.  The two artworks on the bottom I got in a book full of high quality prints.  This frame was on the curb outside the house here when we first moved in along with many other beautiful old frames.  All of these I took inside of course and plan to use them.


This isn't the actual dresser I found...but I found one EXACTLY like this tonight for $35.  I did a dance when I spotted it.  My jaw dropped to the floor.  It is how I pictured it in my wildest dreams but I could not find one for a price I could afford.  Was expecting it to be a while before I found one too, but alas!  Sooo thrilled to start my new project!  My cousin Peter has a truck so he is helping make this a reality he truly is the best!!!

I will have pictures tomorrow night posted for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment